- Continue to deadhead, especially dahlias which should be looking great now.
- Remove weeds where necessary.
- Keep the lawn mown and edges cut - if the weather is dry you may need to raise the height of the cut, this will help keep your lawn green.
- Trim hedges
- Water - Any plants that are looking a little tired and are wilting need a drink. If they look bad then water immediately, and then top up later in the day when it is cooler.
- If you have any meadow areas these should be cut and raked asap.
- Spray and feed roses.
- Plant out autumn flowering bulbs eg.colchicum
- Order spring flowering bulbs.
- Ensure camellias have sufficient water to ensure flowers next year.
- Clip evergreen shrubs.
- Prune current seasons growth of wisteria back to 5-6 leaves.
- Mow summer flowering meadows.
- Harvest Garlic.
- Sow oriental greens such as mizuna, pak choi etc.
- Harvest early apples.
- Start lifting main crop potatoes.
- Summer prune trained fruit such as apples, pears etc
- Trim non-flowering stems of grapes cutting back to one leaf from the main branch.